So, here I am again, resetting my blog The Dispatch. I lost count of how many times I reset my blog for my mental health, published a few posts, and then lost my way. Why do I keep on failing to update my blog frequently?
After reflecting, here are my reasons:
- I have too many grand plans for the blog but lack execution.
- I can’t even make time for blogging, but I can make time for everything else. (I do write on my Moleskine planner/journal more often. Sorry, Dispatch.)
- I’m scared that I will make a mistake in my posts.
- I try too much to write lengthy posts.
So, now that I’m resetting my blog, what should I do this time? This time:
- I will have simple, more achievable plans for the blog and truly execute those plans.
- I will dedicate at least 1 hour to blogging daily on my laptop or phone. But I will only publish posts on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- I will rely on apps like Grammarly to avoid typos. But if I still miss out on mistakes, those mistakes will serve as lessons for me. And besides, it’s my blog, my mistakes.
- I will take it easy and write short yet more personal posts. And when I can truly write a lengthy post, I will do it.
Now that I know how to do better, here’s to one more start – a better start.
Hi. I’m The Deranged Writer and welcome to The Dispatch.
Image header: Breakingpic of Pexels.